Thursday 11 September 2014

'307' by Mariano Belmar

307
Photo credit: Mariano Belmar or Flickr




























I think this photo is wonderful. I love how the pink and green works together perfectly against the grey background. I also love the fact that it's two old ladies wandering down the beach together. I wonder what their story is. Have they been best of friends for years? What are they chatting about? And what is in the green carrier bag? I love the green carrier bag!

This photo also made me thoughtful. Who will I have to walk arm in arm with down the beach when I am old? Other than members of my family I don't have a best friend. I am not complaining. I am very lucky as I have lots of friends and lots of people who I am close to and have a great time with. But I am not anyone's best friend. In fact of all the people I feel closest to they always talk about their  best friends (or bestie as best friends seem to be called these days) that aren't me! I guess most people met their BBF (is that the tight term?) when they were at school, college or uni. When I was at uni I was busy meeting my husband and you know what, he's a pretty fabulous best friend so I won't be too sad. I think walking arm in arm with him down the beach when we sure old will be just lovely.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely shot. This was me and my mum this weekend. Can't beat a walk along the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I wish I lived near to a beach like this.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails