Sunday 11 August 2013

'Southbank London H0X6781' by Merv Colton

Southbank London H0X6781 by Merv Colton
Southbank London H0X6781, a photo by Merv Colton on Flickr.

On Friday we went to London for the day and had a fabulous time. First stop was the British Transport Museum which is something I've been wanting to do for ages as I'm a bit of a Tube geek. It was great and the kids loved it too. We then had a big pizza/pasta lunch in Covent Garden before heading over to Harrods for a good look around specifically at the Toy Kingdom (for the kids), the electronics section (for the husband) and the Food Hall (for me). I loved the fact that my daughter couldn't believe just how huge the shop was! To a four year old it must feel like it goes on for miles and miles. We ended the day with a stroll along the South Bank which was wonderful as there was so much going on down there. My son was mesmerised by the skateboarders and both the kids had fun in the big sand pit. We all returned home very tired and happy.

As is always the way when I go to London I took hardly any photos other than family ones of us larking around on buses at the museum and standing next to giant Playmobil characters in Harrods. Therefore here is a beautiful picture of the Southbank by someone else. I love how the night has been captured so perfectly. It makes me think that one day I need to head off to London on my own, just me and my camera. I think I would definitely return home with a lot of pictures for my blog.

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails