Sunday 10 March 2013

'Breakfast Time' by thedot_ru

Breakfast Time by thedot_ru
Breakfast Time, a photo by thedot_ru on Flickr.

I know the day is nearly over but I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all you mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day. I hope you've been spoiled rotten. I woke up to my daughter's face right up close to mine wishing me Happy Mother's Day. She does get so excited about special days like birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day etc. Anyway, she then went to fetch a bag of pressies that her and Daddy had hidden in her wardrobe. I then got the obligatory Mother's Day lie-in and breakfast in bed. The breakfast was shared with my daughter who's eyes lit up when she was I had pain-au-chocolate. The rest of the day was a pretty relaxed one at home. We were meant to be going to see friends for lunch but they had to cancel due to illness at the last minute and it didn't seem worth the effort and disappointment trying to get a table to eat out somewhere. But that was fine. We stayed home in the warm. My children played - dressed as Superman and Snow White. My son practiced his walking - we're up to two steps now! My daughter wished me Happy Mother's Day at every opportunity. I am a very lucky lady. My children are wonderful and I feel so proud to be their mother.

I wanted to accompany this post with a breakfast in bed picture and whilst this isn't quite what I had in mind I love it. It's the best shot of Cheerios I can imagine. And this particular make of cereal has a special place in my heart at the moment as they are my son's favourite snack. Seriously a tray full of these will keep him happy for ages. And they sell them in very handy little snack bags which means I can always have an emergency pack with me at all times. Gosh I sound like I'm writing a Cheerios advert - I'm not honestly, I just like this picture!

Hope you've had a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails