Sunday 30 December 2012

'Beauty on a grey day' by Me

Beauty on a grey day by PhotoPuddle
Beauty on a grey day, a photo by PhotoPuddle on Flickr.
So have you made any new year's resolutions? I don't normally make any myself. I tend to make big resolutions with myself at other points during the year just when it feels right. Sometimes this is on my birthday as getting a year old seems a perfect time to make a change. And often September is a good time of year for resolutions too. I think because even though I'm in my thirties I've never stopped thinking in school years!

Anyway, since deciding I wanted to do a post on how I don't make resolutions I seem to have accidentally made a few. Here's hoping I can keep them. I don't think they're too hard though.

My first resolution is that I don't want to go on a diet in 2013. By that I mean I have lost my baby weight and apart from a little overindulgence over Christmas I am pretty happy with what I weigh. I want to now eat sensibly so it doesn't creep up when I'm not looking and one day I suddenly can't do my jeans up.

Secondly, I want to read more. I love reading but never find the time to do it. I have a huge 'To Read' pile so it would be good to make a big dent in that.

Thirdly, I want to de-clutter my house and have a good old sort out. I know it's an impossible dream but I would love to live in a house that was tidy all the time.

And the resolution that is most relevant to this blog is that I want to make more time for photography. Other than photos of family and friends I've hardly taken any pictures in the past couple of months. I think I get put off by the bad weather. I need to learn to embrace the grey skies more like I did in the photo above. I took this on a dull day but I think it is still a great dramatic image. Also I got bought Polaroid film for Christmas so I'm going to have fun playing with that.

So tell me, what do you resolve to do (or not do) in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails