Thursday 13 September 2012

'monkeys on the bed.' by sarah_wood

monkeys on the bed. by sarah_wood
monkeys on the bed., a photo by sarah_wood on Flickr.
I always wanted a girl. When I was pregnant the first time around I told everyone I didn't mind what I had but I knew deep down that I wanted a girl. I know I would have loved a boy just as much but I couldn't imagine my baby not being a girl. We didn't find out the sex so when I was handed my beautiful baby girl in the delivery room I was so very happy and automatically fell head-over-heels in love. Having a daughter has been everything I ever hoped for. She's amazing. A brilliant little best friend.

When I got pregnant the second time we decided to find out the sex. Hand on heart I didn't mind what I had this time around and was thrilled to be expecting a boy. I did have a few wobbles about it though. I only knew how to be a mum to a girl. How would I cope with a boy? Are they really different? Would I love him the same? Well that little boy is now four and a half months old and I can't imagine what life was like without a son. Why was I worrying? I definitely have two little best friends now!

When I was looking for a photo to go with this post I stumbled across this really fun one. It's such a beautiful carefree image. You really get a lot of energy from it. And I bet the mother and son had a brilliant time jumping on the bed.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly the same experience as me :) Girls and boys are so different but just as awesome as each other. I feel truly blessed to have one of each.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails