Friday 31 August 2012

'English Countryside' by Time Photographic

English Countryside by Time Photographic
English Countryside, a photo by Time Photographic on Flickr.
Well that's it for another summer. I know 1st September isn't officially the first day of autumn but to me it always feels like it. This summer - and I use the word summer losely - has gone so quickly. I'm not sure I'm ready for pre-school to start again or to fish all my big jumpers out from the back of the wardrobe. I've hardly even worn sandals at all this summer and I usually live in flip flops. I am now clinging to the hope of a late summer in September like we had last year. Although the only down side of that is that it's dark at 6 o'clock so no long summer nights sitting outside. I usually get quite excited at the thought of gorgeous autumn leaves, brisk walks in the winter sunshine and copious mugs of hot chocolate. Maybe it's the mood I'm in right now but all I can think of is getting colds, getting drenched in the rain and not being able to play outside.

Argh, this post has got a bit depressing so here's a gorgeous summery photo to cheer me up. I love all these vibrant colours. And check out the beautiful blue sky. I could really do with a few days like this before summer is really through.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. This summer in the UK has been a bit crap lets be honest. This picture is awesome though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails