Thursday 30 August 2012

'Flying Artists' by MiaElliott

Flying Artists by MiaElliott
Flying Artists, a photo by MiaElliott on Flickr.
This afternoon my three year old and I settled down to watch the paralympics and I must say it was rather exciting cheering on the British athletes and watching them scooping up lots of medals. We watched the cycling and the swimming and although she did ask questions - such as 'how are they going to swim with the crutches?' - my daughter was actually more interested in what countries everyone came from. I think this is event is an excellent way of talking about disabilities with little children though.

Here is a fantastic photograph that was taken at the opening ceremony last night. I love all the bright colours and umbrellas are always a great subject for a photo in my opinion. The photographer must have had a fantastic zoom lens as the stadium is huge!

1 comment:

  1. You are right. The photographer was sitting quite far away ;) In fact so far that only after zooming in on the computer it become apparent that many of the performing artist were actually disabled. That fact makes the Paralympic Opening Ceremony such a special show.

    The photo was taken with Olympus E-M5 and 75-300mm (600mm on full frame).

    Cheers,
    Mia Elliott

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails