Tuesday 7 February 2012

'bonne st-jean !' by Ms Ryan

bonne st-jean ! by Ms Ryan
bonne st-jean !, a photo by Ms Ryan on Flickr.

Hands up who's heard of poutine! Well I am seriously craving it right now after seeing this photo. Poutine is a Canadian dish of fries covered with cheese curd and gravy. Probably doesn't sound that tempting but mmmmm, it's so delicious. I spent nearly a year living in Canada and have realised I really didn't eat this enough.

I was drawn to this particular photo because it feels so real. I really feel I could be sitting there right now. I would love to get better at taking pictures like this. I think it is such a skill to capture a really ordinary, perhaps even mundane moment in time but make it seems fascinating and beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this before, but it sounds like the ultimate comfort food. Like cheesy chips with gravy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful PP, that stuff look like it would give you a heart attack...LOL.

    Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, me! *sticks hand up* I lived in Toronto for 6 months and although I never ate it myself, my Canadian friends loved it. What do you reckon is in the little bags?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails