Tuesday 15 November 2011

'walk away' by gato-gato-gato

walk away by gato-gato-gato
walk away, a photo by gato-gato-gato on Flickr.

A big thank you to those of you who gave me some suggestions for photos. I must admit I've felt a little inspired and have enjoyed searching for some beautiful images to show you. The first photo is a lovely wintery one as requested by SAHMlovingit. I actually have two I want to share with you so you'll have another one to make you feel all frosty later in the week.

I love this one because the scenery is stunning. I love all that unspoiled snow. Although it feels good I actually feel rather sad being the first to step in fresh snow. It's so lovely when it snows at night and it's just sitting there looking pretty. I find it a shame that in a few hours all the cars and people will have trampled all over it making it icy and slushy.

Anyway, my very favourite bit of this photo is the people in it. Seriously, how far must they have walked? And what about the photographer himself? Was he just out for an afternoon stroll in the snow? That's dedication to get the perfect photo.

Now time to make a hot chocolate and warm up!!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's some stunning scenery and it makes you wonder where it leads. Perfect composition. Thanks for sharing hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah I love this shot. I'm such a kid for snow I just wish we had more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrrrrr! Beautiful though and I can't wait for some snow. Please let there be some soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    I just found that you linked to my picture here - I actually am the photographer who took the picture. :)
    It's really nice that you like this picture and how you describe the impression it made on you.
    Actually I went there alone to go for some snowshoe-hiking, a tour of about 2-3 hours with lovely views over the Alps.
    The location is a small mountain about an hour away from Zurich (where I live) and very close to the Swiss Alps. Up on the mountain I met these three girls you see in the picture. We chatted for some time then they went snowboarding and I marched on. :)

    Regards from Switzerland,
    Tobi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails