Wednesday 22 June 2011

'holiday ghosts' by friendlydragon

holiday ghosts by friendlydrag0n
holiday ghosts, a photo by friendlydrag0n on Flickr.

I love this beach hut photo because it's got beach huts in it obviously but that's not the only reason. I love the old postcard effect and it works so well here. I can really believe it was an old picture stuck on someone's wall somewhere. I also love the light. Even though there are all the vintage tones it still feels like a bright sunny day. One thing that does confuse me a bit though is that the photographer has labelled this as a sad and melancholic image where as I don't really see it that way. I think my perception of it is more of old but loved beach huts waiting for the summer so they can be enjoyed again after the long winter months. What do you think? Is this a happy or sad photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails