Friday 29 April 2011

'Regent Street decorated for the Royal Wedding' by mattomatto

Well I had a rather lovely day today. I enjoyed watching the wedding on the telly, I had great fun with family and I loved stuffing my face with scones, cakes and fizzy wine!!

I thought I'd therefore keep the party going for a little longer and post this photo which was taken just this morning. I think it's really cool. It's really interesting seeing the streets of London empty like this. The composition of this is just great and I love that it's taken from right in the middle of the road.

Wishing William and Kate a very happy marriage and hope they had a fabulous day. I wonder if they are all tipsy on expensive champagne yet and strutting their stuff on the dancefloor to some cheesy wedding tunes!!

7 comments:

  1. That is a lovely picture, and love the image of them all getting on down to some cheesy tunes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo, very patriotic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats an amazing picture. Empty London is eerie, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo alone makes me proud to be British! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this image!! Thank you so much for posting it. Very glad you had a lovely day and celebrated in style. The entire day was so uplifting and I know lots of people here that stayed up all night to watch it live. Wonderful! – g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah gorgeous photo - Regent Street looked amazing, didn't it? :)

    Claire Marie x
    http://tea-breaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails