Wednesday 16 February 2011

'My Secret Stack Of Vintage Ladybird Books!' by Vintage Pleasure and Agnes Darling

What a fantastic nostalgic image. I love the colours. The chair, wall and bed go so well with the colours of the books. Ladybird Books will always have a special place in my heart. I had loads of them and I so regret not hanging on to them. They just got passed down to younger siblings and then when my parents moved house they eventually got given or thrown away. My two year old daughter already has a huge stack of Ladybird Books herself and she loves them. And I mean she seriously loves them. I am making a vow that when she grows up and wants to get rid of her old books I'm definitely going to squirrel a few of them away. I'll then present them to her when she all grown up and feeling nostalgic herself. It seems funny to think that one day she will look at these books which are all new and shiny now in the way I am looking at this pile here. I hope this photo makes you feel a nostalgic too.

4 comments:

  1. Now THIS is a jackpot of books. I love the way they look just sitting there and the fact that they have marvelous content makes it all the sweeter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may need to clip this to evernote and try to draw it with pastels once I'm back in the groove... LOVE the colours in this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a few, hopefully my mum being the hoarder she is has got them somewhere. I always keep an eye out in charity shops too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our stash is now on a bookcase in the playroom as it outgrew the bedroom chair!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails