Thursday 2 September 2010

'Italian Door' by K.Hurley


Italian Door, originally uploaded by K.Hurley.

This afternoon was lovely. We met up with friends just for coffee but we ended up having a lovely walk with our children through some local fields and woods that I never even knew existed. I find it so exciting exploring my own town and stumbling across places I've never seen before. And I'm so pleased we are getting a little bit more summer before autumn and the cooler weather arrives.

This photo hasn't got anything to do with my afternoon, I just think it's lovely. I think I could really do with a relaxing holiday somewhere like this. This photo is especially beautiful because of the lovely light and also because of the way it makes you really want to know what's down that path. Looks like there is some gorgeous scenery in the background too. This is definitely a place I wouldn't mind exploring.

8 comments:

  1. I too would love to go here and explore! It is so very beautiful and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discoved your blog. I have just bought my first SLR camera and have almost completed a beginners course so I think I will really enjoy visiting you regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first looked at that photo I thought it was a painting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where My Heart Is - Hello, thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy looking at the photos I post here as much as I enjoy posting them x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! It reminds me of Eat Pray Love when she is in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh absolutely lovely! Reminds me of Under the Tuscan Sun! Love that movie!
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poppies and Sunshine - I've actually just bought that book so I'll know what to picture when I read it now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails