Tuesday 27 April 2010

'love letter' by buttonheart


love letter, originally uploaded by buttonheart.

How cute is this? I think we should all leave little notes like this for the ones we love. Whatever happened to letter writing anyway? I can't remember the last time I received a handwritten letter.

When we were children my sister and I used to write each other little letters and leave them under each other's pillows. Also my husband used to write me letters like this many years ago way before we were married (and when his handwriting was actually rather neat!). It's also rather scary to recall that I was at university before email became so popular and long, long before the delights of facebook! Therefore I kept in touch with many of my friends back home via letters. I have kept all of these treasures but I wouldn't be able to find anything so exciting in the depths of my email inbox.

Great photo, really simple but so lovely. I'd love to receive a cute love letter like this from my husband. In fact, I may even write one for him.

3 comments:

  1. I used to get letters too and I still love when the postman calls, even though it is only ever bills and offical stuff now sigh. I would be very excited to get a real letter now, and you are right email just doesn't have the same excitement. Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. that is so sweet! I love this photo and yes, I do miss the days of letters and love notes. I still have a shoe box full of little notes from High School..LOL. :o}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so. cute.!! I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails