Monday 8 February 2010

'Merry Christmas' by loose_grip_99


Merry Christmas, originally uploaded by loose_grip_99.

I think I may be a bit of a secret train spotter as this the second steam train photo I have posted in a month. I just love them though. I love the romance that they conjure up. I love the billowing smoke. And I would love to make a dramatic Orient Express style train journey through Europe. I think I'd have to buy some beautiful luggage though. You'd need that to do it properly. And I'd wear a pretty evening dress for dinner.

This photo is great because it captures that steam train magic. It works so well in black and white. The photographer has also captured the winter feeling really well. It definitely feels like the train might be taking people home for Christmas.

There is another stream train photo I have my eye on so you never know, I may post that one here too some time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails